“We are the champions, my friend. We’ll keep on fighting till the end! We are the champions, we are they champions, no time for losers ‘cause we are the champions …. OF THE DIAPER WORLD!”
Hey, that song could work, right? :) Ok, well maybe just in our world of “fluff!”
Leah over at GoGreen Pocket Diapers has created one of the best pocket diapers … THE CHAMP! The Champ has awesome new and improved features from her prior diaper at minimal extra cost!* If you haven’t read my review of her standard GoGreen, head over now to check it out!
|THE CHAMP (on the smallest rise setting)|
Here are the new features:
Champ Cherry (the color I reviewed!)
• two rows of waist snaps (awesome improvement)
• extra row of rise snaps (I am thinking she is the first in "class" for this feature, at least that I know of!)
• waist tab overlap snaps (great for smaller waisted babies ... not mine of course!)
• multi-colored snaps aid in sizing (great guide for the hubby and grandparents!)
|Don't you LOVE the variety of colors of snaps?|
• double leg gusseting (helps to avoid leaks!)
|Check out those leg gussets and two pocket opening|
• two pocket openings (no need to remove inserts before washing)
• two bamboo-microfiber blend 3-layer inserts included
• Snaps on inserts - insert and diaper together in the wash (no sorting laundry!) and allow for optional AI2 use (liner recommended if your baby is sensitive to microfiber)
• top stitching for added durability
• premium, glossy snaps (super cute!)
• soft bamboo-blend microsuede lining never pills and looks new after washing (LOVE the microsuede)
* The reason I say minimal extra cost is because her standard GoGreen Pocket diaper costs between $8.99-$9.99 with only one insert. If you purchase 6 GoGreens (~$8.99-9.99) and 6 extra inserts (~17.99/sale price), you come to a price of ~$12-13 per diaper! The Champ comes with two inserts standard for $14.95!
My Review: Once again, GoGreen Pocket Diapers stands out from the crowd of pocket diaper makers with The Champ!! The new features and minimal added cost make this diaper every bit worth its money. The double row of waist snaps allow for a tighter, more secure fit. She also included an extra row of rise snaps to better customize your diaper for your little one!! The leg gussets help to keep leaks and blow-outs to a minimum! Also, the insert agitates out in the wash and stays snapped into the diaper shell to eliminate excessive laundry sorting! Always a plus when you are washing 20+ diapers at a time, each with 2-3 inserts!! The microsuede lining is super soft and gives a different feeling compared to the leading fleece lining! I *heart* the microsuede! Finally, I feel that the absorption is slightly improved with the bamboo-microfiber blend inserts that come with The Champ. The previous inserts I reviewed on the standard GoGreen are microfiber terry cloth!
I have two favorite pocket diaper brands, and GoGreen (specifically The CHAMP) is one of them!! Thanks GoGreen for being an incredible pocket diaper choice, yet very affordable for cloth-diapering mamas like me!
BUY IT: HERE
WIN IT: GoGreen Pocket Diapers has generously offered of VERY lucky GoLong! Go Green! reader their own CHAMP diaper in the color/print of their choice!
Links you will find helpful for the giveaway:
GoGreen Pocket Diapers on Twitter
GoGreen Pocket Diapers on Facebook
GoGreen Pocket Diaper's Website
Go Green Go Long on Facebook
SGsMama on Twitter
This giveaway is open to the U.S. and will end on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at midnight. The winner will be drawn via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. Please, no PO Boxes. This giveaway is open to the US.
Disclaimer: I received this product to review free of charge. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not monetarily compensated for this review.