Friday, May 22, 2009

Adventures in Baby Food Making!

Wow, 2 posts in one day!! :) Accomplishment huh?

I have checked out a few books from the library on homemade baby food and also have been reading, “Super Baby Food” by Ruth Yaron! I love that book and highly recommend it to others considering making your own food! Another website that is awesome is http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com. I have had a blast making the food. I found a recipe for organic brown rice cereal so I made a small batch of that and it is awesome!!


Sophia LOVES her bananas, does pretty good eating her avocado, and did well on day one yesterday of our homemade brown rice cereal!!

You may say, “I don’t have time to make our baby food!” Honestly, it doesn’t take much time at all. I take about 20 minutes to make up a batch of food and freeze it in my Fresh Baby Food trays. Then all you have to do is heat up the cube!!! Easy as that!!! I can’t wait to start using my Beaba babycook!!

PS> I also learned that an avocado is a FRUIT and not a veggie!! So, I apologize for the incorrect information a few posts ago!!

Allyson and Sophia

1 comment:

DEBSIK said...

gotta just love that messy little face! I miss you Sophia!!!

love grammie