Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Large and In Charge...

WEEK 33…

THEORETICALLY 7 WEEKS LEFT, BUT I THINK PEANUT WANTS TO GET OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT AND COME IN 5 WEEKS… THAT IS WHAT SHE TELLS ME THROUGH HER PEANUT-LANGUAGE. (SHE COMMUNICATED THROUGH A SERIES OF HICCUPS!)

-She is rapidly losing the wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening.

-The bones in her skull aren’t fused together so she can just “slide right down the birth canal.” Hopefully Peanut has an easier journey down the birth canal than I had on my first "slip and slide." I chipped a front tooth!! It wasn’t “slippery” enough I guess!

- Peanut has yet to find my ribs…however, she has found my bladder!! She seems to know when it is especially full and loves to start doing tap dancing on top of it. Little princess ballerina!

- The email points out that at this point in time I have probably begun to obsess over labor and delivery. I can confidently say that this is NOT true. Paranoid mama Al hasn’t really begun to think much about the big L&D. She worries about day to day life in the womb!!! I wonder when I will stop worrying about that and focus on L&D. Maybe next Saturday during our ALL day childbirth education class. I bet the videos will do Nate in … however, I have seen childbirth in real life multiple times, so it will be OK for me to see!

- They also suggested I start thinking about what to pack in my hospital bag!!! Are you kidding me?? It is 33 weeks people, not 37 or 38 weeks!! Get a grip!I am anal, but not that anal!

- Peanut’s respiratory system is almost completely mature.

- Peanut can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day (of course that ability will miraculously disappear once she's born and up all night screaming).

- Her pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light. If you shine a flashlight on your belly, she may shy away from the light as if to say, "Cut it out, Ma. You're soooo annoying." I can imagine that she already thinks I am annoying. When I don’t feel her in 30 minutes, I am pushing all over my stomach trying to illicit a response. She probably is thinking… just wait till I get out of here…I will teach you for disturbing my sleep in the warm oven (aka womb) PAYBACK MAMA!!

-Peanut should weigh over 4.5 lbs, but our baby is more likely 5 lbs!! They tell me she is like a “grownup duck.” What?? Can we say, random???

- She should be approximately 17.5 inches long.

Well, that is all for Peanut and I! We are awaiting ToastyBaby.com to arrive for our cloth diaper demo!!

Peanut and Mama Al

No comments: