Wow, two posts in two days!!!
What changes when you have a baby? A better question may be: What doesn't change? My baby center emails tell me that these are 32 things that change….(with my commentary on some of them)
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms. (Oh, I can’t wait for this day!)
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid. (Of screwing up a child??)
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way. (And think they are saints for putting up with me!)
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago. (Kind of a scary thought?)
9. Your heart breaks much more easily. (Oh great!)
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day. (Why not 234,836,178,977 times??)
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person. (What if I am already? An earlier morning person? Is this possible?)
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power. (I imagine this is pretty sweet!)
16. You discover how much there is to say about one tooth.
17. You finally realize that true joy doesn't come from material wealth. (If only more people would know this truth!!)
18. You now know where the sun comes from.
19. You'd rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that you've been dying to have.
20. You realize that although sticky, lollipops have magical powers.
21. You don't mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night. (I don’t think I have ever minded this before pregnancy either? Ok, so I am a dork!)
22. Silence? What's that? (I know my mom probably asked this question many times with me as a little one!! Poor Nate probably does now!)
23. You realize that the 15 pounds you can't seem to get rid of are totally worth having. (I think I will REALLY have to disagree with this one! Extra 15 lbs means more gym time and more stroller time and walks!)
24. You discover an inner strength you never thought you had. (How awesome is that!)
25. You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule. (We might have to discuss this one more in depth in the future! Not according to Babywise!)
26. You give parents with a screaming child an 'I-know-the-feeling' look instead of a 'Can't-they-shut-him-up?' one. (I don’t know, I probably will be thinking… give me a break – don’t spoil the kid and he wouldn’t act out in public… but I could be totally wrong!)
27. Your dog — who used to be your 'baby' — becomes just a dog. (Not a problem for us, no dog!!)
28. You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you'll be late. ( I can see this to be true, but instead of being late, I would just be on time instead of early!)
29. You learn that taking a shower is a luxury. (Yipee!!)
30. You realize that you can love a complete stranger.
31. You find yourself wanting to make this world a better place.
32. If you didn’t believe in love at first sight before, now you do! (Ah, I can’t wait!! Bring it on baby – well, in 6 weeks!)