Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time to sit back and think about all the blessings that have been bestowed upon us throughout the year(s)!! It is so humbling to think of all God's blessings upon our tiny family this year!!! I thought make this blog post a list of the many things I am thankful for, in no specific order...just as my brain thinks of them!!

I hope you enjoy the list, and I encourage you to take a few minutes away from the hype of the holidays and mediate on all that you are thankful for this year!! Just make sure to think about your blessings before ingesting large amounts of turkey! You know that tryptophan is likely to put one to sleep in no time at all!! Please see the science behind "The Tryptophan Effect." I know all you medical/science nerds will appreciate this picture!

Tryptophan reaction

What am I thankful for this year (in no particular order):

-A gracious, salvation-giving, just God that showers His blessings onto my friends and family and the world.
-My incredibly WONDERFUL, loving, amazing HUSBAND Nate! I could go on and on about him...
-Our little Princess Peanut that will hopefully be arriving in less than 4 weeks!!!
-A healthy pregnancy free of complications!
-Insurance! Need I say more???
-Our families -- they are always so supportive and encouraging!! They are very giving people that have such sincere hearts and a caring spirit! I could go on and on...
-Jobs for Nate and I both so that we can have an income to provide for our family and also to be able to give back to God by means of tithing.
-Our health!! So often we take this for granted! I thank God daily for the ability to get up, move around, serve people, etc.
-Wonderful friends that are encouraging and supportive!
-The ability to love and be loved!
-An awesome church to worship God and for the friends we have met and are encouraged by there.
-An wonderful education to provide help for people medically!
-American citizenship and the many freedoms that provides. Including the freedom to write this blog.
-The US soldiers that are fighting overseas for my freedom and for our unborn child!
-The ability to see, hear, talk, speak, and listen!
-All the generous people that have given us so many wonderful gifts for our Peanut!!
-A house to provide shelter for our family.
-Food to nourish our bodies!
-Money to pay the bills, put food on the table, save for the future, etc.
-Wonderful neighbors that take care of us (including cut our grass) and watch out for us!
-2 cars that get us from point A to point B.
-Clothes to provide us warmth! Especially winter coats during this cold weather!
-The ability to give to others (whether it be time, energy, money, gifts, etc)
-Clocks and calenders... I really need these folks... I am a TYPE A!
-Opportunities for growth in all areas of life!
-Wisdom, common sense, understanding, patience (but I could use some more!)
-Memories
-The 4 seasons!
-A computer and internet to share all of these with you!!!
-And many, many, many more things that are unspoken!!!

May you all continue to be blessed!!!

Much love!
Allyson and Peanut

No comments: