People say with your first, you sit and worry all the time, anxiously mark off the days in your calender until you get to meet your little one, sitting in constant wonder what it will be like ... yep, been there done that! However, with the second, it seems like I haven't had the time to sit and worry, I am anxious to meet this little guy/gal, but haven't been marking off each day, and I don't have to wonder what it will be like because I know from first hand experience it will be amazing!! Thank heavens for a 2 1/2 year old to keep my mind preoccupied so I can (somewhat) enjoy this pregnancy!
I have deemed August the month of Nate and Sophia. I want to make it my goal for the next 4 weeks to do extra special things for my incredible husband before we begin man-on-man defense! I want these next 4 weeks to be filled with awesome memories for Sophia of special times with her mommy and daddy before her word gets rocked in a way she won't understand! The beauty of making family memories is that it doesn't have to cost anything (or just a few bucks) ... it only costs your time, love, and attention!!
Here are a few examples for my two sweets:
- Final Date night with the Hubby coming up this weekend (Childcare provided thanks to a great friend from our "kid swap" date night)
- Playing lots of the hubby's new games before the baby comes and giving him lots of time/attention to try them out!
- Cooking extra tasty meals (hopefully with some leftovers to stash in the freezer)
- Making sure housework, laundry, dishes, etc stay caught up on ...
- Giving of myself and time in the evenings for good chats and quality bonding time
- Enjoy each morning snuggle in her bed after she wakes up when we talk about the day and what is planned
- Extra trips to the Danville pool after 4pm when it only costs $3 for 3 hours of swim!
- Extra trips to the library to pick out new picture books and spend lots of time reading them to her (sometimes over and over and over again) with a smile on my face!
- Helping her to "mother" her baby and change the baby's diaper while teaching her what it will be like with a new baby in the house!
- Finding some fun garage sales so we can look for the end-of-season "treasures!"
- Meet the teach night at Sophia's Mom's Day Out/Preschool
- Going out for ice cream (a very special treat b/c we NEVER do it or rarely let her eat sweets that aren't healthy and made by yours truly)
- Going to 2 of her friends birthday parties
- Final playdates with friends
- Hopefully a few more trips to the park if the weather EVER cools down ...
Don't worry .... I plan to do some fun things for myself in these final weeks ...
- Glee 3D MOVIE on opening night with the girls!
- Girls night out for dinner! (This past Monday, but still gotta include it on the list)
- Use my Groupon for Cass and Company Spa/Salon for my mani and pedi with my favorites SEESTER Sarah
- Book Club x 2 with my awesome girls
- Diaper Shower hosted by some awesome ladies at church
- 2 more weekend game nights scheduled with friends
- Hopefully a trip to Edinburgh to see my BFF and her kiddos
My lists seems full and possibly overwhelming to many of you, but no worries ... since we aren't finding out the gender it didn't take any time to prepare for baby. I washed the crib sheets and white onesies, 10 unisex gowns, the car seat and bouncy seat cover. I will pack a bag eventually .... the real work will come if we come home with a baby BOY!! :)
What kinds of things did you do to prepare for baby #2, 3, 4, etc? Any final tips for this mama on adjusting to life with two??