Monday, August 29, 2011

Faith like a child ...


Today Sophia and I ran into Hobby Lobby to get a few things.  I told her we would try to find a small craft to work on together this evening while we waited for Nate to get home from work.   We looked and looked, but couldn't find anything.  She said, "Mommy, you just need to ask the lady and she will say, 'Yes we have crafts for Sophia'!"   She just cracks me up ... so matter of fact!  We eventually found this super cute Faith cross for $0.88 on clearance!   She couldn't wait to get home to start coloring!  

She is so proud of her coloring skills! :)  I am too!
It was a great faith teaching moment because she was curious why the word FAITH was written on the cross.  I got the opportunity to share with her of the importance of our FAITH in Christ and our obedience to him.  Then she asked me if Jesus gave her this cross.  I told her that Jesus blessed us with the money to be able to purchase the craft!  She said, "Jesus likes when I do crafts mommy!"

Concentrating really hard ..

This kept her busy the whole time it took me to make dinner!

The finished product ... not too bad for a 2 1/2 year old!  She colored EVERYTHING herself!  I am so impressed by her coloring skills!  She really stays in the lines well for her age!!  

Oh to always have faith like a child ... such a good lesson for this mommy!

3 comments:

Aunt Sarah said...

Wish we all had the faith like children have! What a big girl with her skinny markers and what a great job she did! Love her marker shirt too! :)

Adam, Jenn, and Isaiah said...

I love all her cute comments! Such a little lady and such a difference in 3 months and my boy! :) She really does a good job coloring! Good craft find!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophia,

Miss Darlene just wanted to tell you that I liked the way you colored the Faith cross, and the colors you picked look good.

You are becoming such a big girl, and I know you are going to be a wonderful big sister for your new baby that will be here soon.

Love you,

Miss Darlene