Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm a little fishy...

Yesterday was a great day at Grammie and Grampie's house!! We have been there multiple times with the intention to swim, but the weather never seems to hold out for us!! Yesterday was another story -- it was B-E-A-utiful (Jon A -- my movie reference for you!)!!

Sophia and I headed to the G-wood after she woke up. When we arrived, Grammie and Grampie were thrilled to see us (well, mostly probably her!! HEHE)! She played with both of them and ate her breakfast yummies!!

After her morning nap, we lathered her up with sunscreen and headed next door to the neighbor's pool! Here is a picture of before hand.... Don't they both look happy? Check out her long legs -- just like daddy's!

Sophia really likes pool water that is warm -- so I was a little worried when I felt the water and it was a bit on the chilly side! For once, she didn't seem to care! I sat her down on the first step and she played for about 20 minutes with her toys!


She sure loves this ducky!! I think she thinks she can get it all in her mouth!

Her stacking cups work great in the pool too -- mostly as a chew toy!!

After she was done playing on the step, mommy took Sophia around in her little floaty! We both had a ball! She was talking up a storm!!

Then it was Grammie's turn.... Wheeeeeeee!!


She was pooped after an hour of swimming!!! When mom went in to wake her up, she couldn't help but take a picture!! Sophia had pulled her bear out of the corner of the crib and was using it as a pillow! Priceless!!!



PS. Thanks to www.random.org, we have a WINNER for the Smartipants Diaper! Vanessa Flora! Way to go Vanessa! Thanks to everyone who entered! I enjoyed reading your comments!

Allyson and her little fish!

2 comments:

Amber Brown said...

Where'd you get that floatie?! It's so neat! I want one!

Aunt Sarah said...

I wish I could have been there, but some of us have to work! :) Glad she had fun in the pool, but I noticed something during nap time --> that looks like my Snoopy blanket! Since she is my favorite niece, I'll be happy to share! :)