Thursday, August 6, 2009

Big Zucchini, BFF, and Blueberry Jam

We've had a very busy week!!! Here are just a few highlights!!

Tuesday, my friend Rebecca came over to power walk with Sophia and I! Aunt Sarah came along with us too!! We had a great walk, but it was cut short by the horrible storm that came through in the morning! The storm even knocked over our tomatoe pot and broke off lots of the shoots. I was devastated by this b/c we have been trying so hard to grow tomatoes for 3 years. This year we finally had lots of green ones growing in our pot!! Stupid storm!! Now I can cling to the last stem remaining that has 5 tomatoes on it...

Rebecca brought over this HUGE zucchini! I made two loaves of zucchini bread and 45 cubes of zucchini baby food!! It was the biggest I have ever seen!! Sophia got a kick out of trying to roll it around and pick it up!


Wednesday we met my great friend Erin at the Cracker Barrell for brunch! Sophia had yet to meet Erin!!! We had a nice time catching up! It had been over a year since I had seen her!! Last May we met Erin and her husband Clark in NC to camp! I was pregnant with Sophia at the time and sicker than a dog!! Felt much better this year!! We sat on the famous rockers out front and rocked and talked for over an hour after brunch!! Sophia FINALLY slept too!!



After a 5 mile powerwalk with Apryl and Olivia this morning (Thursday), my sister and parents came over to make blueberry jam with the blueberries we picked in Michigan over the weekend!! We had a great time making it! The kitchen was a disaster mess at the end!! Here are a few pictures documenting our experience!! A fun mother-daughter(s) activity!!



Sarah stiring the juice and pectin. We decided to use organic grape juice as the sweetener instead of sugar!


Mom stiring the jam!! Come on already.... BOIL!



The sterilized jars awaiting the BLUEBERRY BLISS!


The funnel in action! This was a messy job, but someone has to do it!


The finished product!! Can't wait to have some toast in the morning and put on some jam!!


Sophia and Grampie played while mom, Sarah, and I worked our little tails off!! Grampie will reap the benefits tomorrow with some jam on his toast!! Sophia loves her new "stacking" cups Grammie bought for her! She is really developing her fine motor skills!! It is so neat to watch her grow and change everyday!

Well, I am exhuasted and need to hit the sack!!

Goodnight!! Hope I don't dream about blueberries tonight!!

Allyson

No comments: