Friday, July 10, 2009

Recipe for banana-cado

As many of you know, I have been making Sophia's baby food. I have been trying to find ways to make bigger portion sizes so I don't have to make it as often. Initially I was making small amounts to see if she liked the food -- didn't want to waste money if she wasn't going to like it!! (Won't take stock out on Meijer's Organic Frozen Peas!) Last night I made a killer combo and it was a cinch!!! I wanted to share it for all of you out there that are making your own food or are trying to find new foods for your baby!!!

Recipe for Banana-Cado

2 Ripe Avocados
2 VERY ripe bananas (banana bread quality -- lots of brown spots on the peel and VERY soft to the touch)
~1/4 cup Distilled water

Mix avocados, bananas, and water In a food processor/blender. May add more water if needed. Once all mixed together, you will have a green, fluffy mixture. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Makes 24 cubes!

Easy as that!! If your child likes bananas, they will LOVE the banana-cado. (I think it tastes more like bananas since avocado's alone don't have much of a taste!)

Enjoy!

Does anyone out there in blogger land have a favorite homemade baby food combination or recipe? Please do leave a comment!!

Allyson

No comments: