Wednesday, December 3, 2008

See ya around "30" day mark...

We have finally hit the “under 30 day” mark on the Wiget!!! You don’t know how amazing it is to see under 30 days on my little floating peanut on the right side of this blog!!! I remember the days when we were in the 200’s!!!

Hopefully Peanut won’t decide to use up all those 27 days!! Hopefully she will be so stinkin’ excited to come out and meet her parents that she leaves about 14 days left on the ticker!!! Here’s to hoping right???

Well, as you can see from the recent blog posts, we have been busy little bees preparing for Peanut’s arrival!! She continues to make her presence known throughout the day as she shifts into crazy positions!! At times I wonder if she is doing spread eagles with her arms and her legs!!! It is so crazy to feel a little “tickle” from her hand in my groin area and also a kick up near my xiphoid process ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! Sometimes she seriously feels about 25 inches long!!! She still has yet to find my ribs though and I am VERY thankful for that!!

Everyone continues to ask me if I am feeling any Braxton-Hicks contractions and my answer is, “Well, I don’t think so.” I have read about what they feel like – but you must understand that my stomach is tight all the time and I don’t know if I would know the difference. Although, I somewhat start panicking (internally) that it means I will for sure go the FULL 40 weeks!! YIKES!!!! Another thing that everyone keeps telling me is “Wow, sure doesn’t look like you have dropped. The baby usually drops two weeks before labor.” Another internal panic sets daily as she remains “ridin’ high” – at least another two weeks or MORE!!!!

I know she will come when she is ready, but she must sense that her mother and father are VERY excited to meet her and ready to get this show on the road. It is so hard for my Type A personality to sit back and just “relax” and enjoy my last few weeks of freedom, peace, and quiet. I really wish I could but I can’t do ANY of these things b/c I am very anxious for her to come!! I am ready to be a REAL mom and not a “MIT-WBIB” (mother-in-training-while-baby-is-baking). Cute huh?

Well, this week in the news….

Week 36

- Peanut continues to gain at least ½ pound per week! She is gaining fat needed to regulate her body temperature.
- They tell me she will be 15% fat at birth. Interesting huh?
- Her gums are firm with ridges that look somewhat like teeth. Just gotta wait to see the actual pearly whites!
- She should be about 18 ½ inches long and over 6 lbs.
- She continues to shed most of her downy covering and is starting to shed some of the vernix.

Not much on the weekly update!! Just packing on the pounds (like her mother is) and waiting to make an appearance!

Allyson and Peanut

No comments: