Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Noah's Ark...

Week 38: The waiting game…

W – Worry – but why worry? Oh, maybe b/c there are about 1 million reasons too!! But also, 1 million reasons not too!! I have to choose not to worry! Or I would drive myself insane!
A – Always look for ways to cause contractions and induce labor!
I – Intense, very intense pelvic pressure
T – Treat yourself to a pedicure and haircut – b/c I am going to this week!!

One of the weekly emails said this is what most moms are thinking… “Please don't let my water break at an inopportune time like in the middle of a client meeting or during my pedicure or at a fancy restaurant ..."
Not this Prego-mama – I am saying, “Please let my water break ANYWHERE!! I don’t care where!! Bring it on baby!!!” I already told the girls that work at the gym to not be worried if they see a little “flood” on the treadmill or elliptical machine – or the machines start shorting out and sparks fly – it isn’t the return of Noah’s Ark and the great flood – just the birth of our child!!! J They just nervously laugh!! I probably find it more funny than they do – b/c they know they will have to clean it up!! HEHE

This week in the news:

-Peanut should weight about 6.8 – 7 lbs by now.

-Peanut should be over 19.5 inches long! Similar to the length of a leek. A leek?? What? Why don’t they use something normal and more common?

-What color will Peanut’s eyes be? They tell me that if she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. A child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. Interesting tidbit of info huh?

-Peanut’s intestines have accumulated a considerable amount of meconium (AKA black tar-like POOP). I have been told to prepare for the 100-wipe diaper change.

-Peanut might just scratch herself in the womb as the fingernails have grown over the fingertips now.

-Peanut’s lungs continue to mature and her brain and nerve function are working better every day.

Exciting stuff huh? Peanut and I go to the doctor on Thursday afternoon, so check the blog on Thursday evening or Friday for an update!!

Allyson and Peanut

No comments: