Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mexican anyone?

Nate loves guacamole, and I mean, LOVES it! He just started having me purchase avocado’s at the grocery store, so he can make his own homemade guacamole dip. He adds a little fresh minced garlic, onion, fresh garden hot peppers, and avocado. I am just not a fan of the dip (too spicey for one thing with the hot peppers). However, for some reason, avocado’s leave such a crazy taste in my mouth, not to mention the fact they have a very WEIRD texture.

You are probably reading this and thinking to yourself, "Why on earth is she telling me their recipe for guacamole?" Reason: My 16th week update tells me that peanut is the size of an AVOCADO! Why an avocado? Why not a veggie or fruit a little more normal and yummy?? They pick the most random foods! Who knows, maybe eventually "eggplant" will be on the list??

I have come to realize that it is a good thing that peanut is living in my tummy and not Nate’s! I wouldn’t want the baby to crave guacamole like his/her father!! We would have a little "Mexican baby!"

Well, this week they tell me that peanut is in the middle of a growth spurt.

- Peanut will double his/her weight and add inches to his/her length
- 4 ½ inches long and weighs about 3 1/2 ounces
- Peanut’s legs are much more developed
- Peanut’s head is more erect than it has been before
- Peanut’s eyes have moved closer to the front of his head (well, that is a good thing. We wouldn’t want peanut looking like an alien from Mars or Venus!)
- Peanut’s ears are close to their final position (Thank heavens – peanut needs to be able to hear when his/her mommy or daddy disciplines him/her!)
- The patterning of his/her scalp has begun, though his/her locks aren't recognizable yet
- Peanut’s heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day

.....And for the best thing of week 16 (in my opinion)


- Peanut has started growing TOENAILS!!! If it is a girl, our little princess will have to get pedicures!! If it is a boy, well, we might have to think of other alternatives.


In other news, I am still battling with the nausea! It usually occurs at night by 8pm and nothing really helps it! (Believe me, I have tried everything!) I thought for sure by 4 months, I would be free of sickness and feel like a rockstar. However, that is just not the case. I keep waiting for it all to "turn-off" over night and me be back to my pre-prego self: tons of energy and very lively! I know Nate is ready for that phase to start too!

Yesterday before Apryl and I went for our weekly walk, I was able to use my "borrowed doptone" and listen to peanut's heartbeat. It is going strong!

We are excited and counting down to August 5th! The theme for that day will be "stick 'em up and spread 'em!!" (if you know what I mean!)

Nate, Allyson, and Peanut(s)


No comments: