Monday, July 28, 2008

Kickin’ like crazy…

I am pleased to inform you that yes, indeed I felt Peanut kicking last Tuesday night. Peanut is kickin’ like crazy these days. I can never tell when he/she is going to start their “exercise” routine! It always takes me by surprise!! It is the strangest feeling in the world I tell you. For those of you mothers out there – you know what I am talking about! Since I have yet to have an ultrasound done and haven’t seen our “peanut” on the “BIG SCREEN” yet -- it kind of feels like “ALIEN INVASION 2008”.

I was sitting enjoying my lunch Friday, just checking my work email and I had to start laughing b/c Peanut was kicking around my lower left abdominal quadrant. He/She gave me 5 kicks, about 20 sec apart and then stopped!! A few minutes later, it felt like he/she was doing somersaults in my lower central abdominal area. That is just the strangest feeling in the whole wide world!! Sometimes I will push back on my stomach to see if I can create a response from peanut, i.e. another kick. Peanut might come out in December with little indentations on his/her head from all my “tormenting!”

Although, on a more serious note, I am VERY thankful to feeling Peanut kicking!!! It is such a comforting (yet strange) feeling to me!! I know that my Peanut is “alive and kickin’ if you know what I mean!!

Well, more updates to come tomorrow….

Allyson and Peanut(s)

No comments: