Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Digging into THE WORD

With the start of a new school year, churches usually start up their Women's Bible Studies.  This fall I have had the priveledge and honor to be participating in this incredible Beth Moore Bible Study.  The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  Basically she starts with Genesis 11 and continues through the whole rest of the book!  We are studying Genesis verse by verse, precept upon precept and it is so amazing!  I have read over most of the verses in Genesis throughout my Christian life (12 years), but missed so many key scriptures, lessons, and parts!  


A few of my favorite Beth Moore Quotes from the study thus far (we are in week 8):

"Anyone who closely encounters the one true God of glory knows instinctively and immediately that none is like Him."

"The weaknesses of God's children do not strain the strength of God!"

"Faith makes us independent, but not indifferent." -F.B. Meyer

"Anything you have to manipulate to get is rarely yours to keep."

"Try not to think of God's perfection as His confinement -- as if to say He can "only" do what is perfect.  Rather, God is free from the confinement of all imperfections.  In other words, His perfection does not limit Him.  It frees Him."

"Sometimes the greater miracle that results when we don't get what we were so convinced we wanted and end up with something far more glorious!"

"The healthy child of desperation is devotion while the troubled child of desperation is obsession."

"One of the most obscure traps the Devil sets for the deeply spiritual is to tempt to love loving God more than we actually love God.  Certainly nothing is wrong with enjoying the life surrounding our pursuit of God, but our growth is gravely stunted until our focus shifts decisively from our Bethel (House of God) to our El Bethel (God of the House of God).  Without the El, Bethel is just an empty house."


I have done MANY of her bible studies in the past, but this is my favorite, by far!!  I have been so touched by the stories of Genesis.  These scriptures move my heart to repentance and a deeper love for my Lord and Savior!  



I would highly recommend this study to anyone that would love to learn more about "The Book of Beginnings" in an amazing way!!  

Be Blessed Today!!

3 comments:

Adam, Jenn, and Isaiah said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the study! I'll have to try that one sometime. I'm getting ready to starting her study, "Living Beyond Yourself" about the fruit of the spirit at school.

Anonymous said...

would you please motivate me to get my homework done for one!??! i am slacking!! i love it when i do it.... ugh!
-libby

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been wanting to try doing a Beth Moore study. We're hoping to get some of the moms from the Momsntots group at my church to possibly be able to form a separate Bible study group-if we do maybe we'll check out this one sometime.

I entered my first giveaway on the blog tonight, woohoo!

Chrissy