Sunday, May 16, 2010

SURPRISE!


WOW!!!! Words can't describe my thoughts after my surprise 30th birthday party last night!! I literally had NO CLUE in the world all the planning that was taking place behind my back! (Insert: hahaha I secretly LOVE it!)

Saturday was supposed to be a normal day, I was working at Meijer for a few hours (ok, well, 6 hours), then I was to meet Nate and Sophia at my parents to celebrate Nate and my birthday! I chatted a bit after work, stopped for gas, and pulled up at my parents house wondering which neighbor was having a party! When I started to get out of the car I realized the garage was FULL of people and they were all my friends!!! I was absolutely clueless until I saw Sophia's little friend Maeve running on the side walk and Libby chasing after her! Sophia started running towards me and my heart was full of such warmth! All of my dear friends came out to celebrate my 30th birthday with me!! I was so humbled!! I know people probably got sick of me saying, "I am just so shocked, I had no clue!"

It was so much fun talking and catching up with all my friends!! The best present of all was spending time with them on a Saturday afternoon!! It was also such a joy to see all the kids running around and playing with each other! I think the kids were all exhausted after a few hours!!!

Here are a few pictures:

I finally realized what was happening ... :)
(Sophia saying, "Mommy, surprise, I am coming for you!")

I am still in INTENSE shock and start sweating at this moment! (Thank heavens for jackets!)

Ok, so I can fully embrace "30" however, I did not embrace those BLACK candles!!


"The Party People"
Yay for such awesome FRIENDS!!!
(ps. click on this image to make it larger if you want to see everyone!)

A special thanks to my mom, dad, sister, and Nate for pulling this off! You guys put forth so much effort planning, inviting, cooking, cleaning, and pruning (haha!)! Words cannot express my immense gratitude!!! Another HUGE thanks to all my friends for keeping the secret for all these weeks! I know it must have been killing some of you! :) I just feel sooooo incredibly loved and cared for and am thankful for all of the MANY blessings in my life!!! Thank you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! LOVE YOU!!

Happily 30!!
Allyson


No comments: