Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy 9 Month Bday to Me!

"It's my 3/4 birthday, I'll cheese if I want, cheese if I want to ... you would cheese to if it happened to you!!"


Accomplishments and Milestones to Celebrate at 9 months:
- 19 lbs 7 oz
- Feeding self with pincer grasp (gotta love puffs to practice)
- Learning to clap her hands
- Starting to develop a bad case of separation anxiety
- Eating organic chicken (well, when it is pureed with butternut squash and sweet potatoes)
- VERY vocal (hum.... wonder where she gets that one from)
- Rolling around EVERYWHERE

What is the big one you don't see? CRAWLING

Yes, she is still protesting crawling. She is always up on her hands ... can spin herself with her hands 360 degrees ... just doesn't wanna be up on all fours. You would think then she would army-crawl-it ... yeah, um... no. Her being slow to meet this milestone is just killing me... heck, I was on my way to walking at this age ... oh well, I know every baby is different, but really Sophia --- could ya just do it once for mommy to show her you can??? The funny thing is I know it won't matter when she is 2 at what age she started crawling/walking, but it seems like a big deal now!!

Guess I will just be a mama-in-waiting!

Allyson





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, she is just testing your patience! Happy birthday to Sophia!

Love ya! Steff

Jan said...

Happy Birthday, Sophia! We know you can crawl, you just haven't decided you want to yet. It is O.K. We love you just the way you are!!!!