Monday, March 23, 2009

Me and you are stuck like glue

First things first -- Sophia gained 1 whole pound this week! She was 9 lbs 9 oz last week and she weight 10 lbs 9 oz today!!! This mother was thrilled. I knew she had been getting a few extra rolls on her thighs, but I would have never guessed a whole pound!!! YIPEE!!! I have been at such peace supplementing her. Thank you for all your encouraging emails and comments. I nurse her each time and then supplement based on how much she "got" in the nursing session. Sometimes she gets more than others -- but overall she has been such a better baby lately. She has been so much fun to interact with and has been smiling SO much!! It is so rewarding to see it. It makes all the hard times well worth it!!

Secondly, thanks to everyone who prayed for me over the weekend. I really felt those prayers via internal peace!!! It is amazing how touched a person can feel when there are tons of people praying for you!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Many of you are curious of the decision you were praying about -- well, here it is...

I AM GOING TO STAY HOME WITH SOPHIA AND ONLY WORK PRN/SUPPLEMENTAL!!

Isn't that exciting??? I am thrilled about this decision!!! I have been at home for 3 months with her and have loved every minute of it. I can't imagine not being at home for the next three months. I don't want to miss any of her "firsts" and want to be there to watch her grow. Thus, Nate and I's decision for me to stay home with her on a regular basis!! I will work PRN/supplemental for Clarian/MMG and Meijer as shifts become available -- however nothing on a permanent routine basis.

In other exciting news, Sophia slept her first 10 hour stretch Saturday night into Sunday. I woke up after 8 hours in panic, ran into her room and she was out like a light!! Last night she slept 9 hours and 15 minutes. I know this probably won't last long, but it has been nice while it lasted!! This is a much needed change for us since for the past 3 weeks we have been getting up every 2-4 hours to eat!!! A 3 week growth spurt you may say? I think not!!!

On a side note, Erin Powell (and baby Laurel) came to visit us yesterday. Sophia loved looking at Erin. She found a nice resting place for her arm on baby Laurel!! :) Erin also saved the day and taught me a trick to get Sophia to sleep in her crib for an afternoon nap (without being held)! If it works again today, I am sending Erin a BIG check in the mail for saving my sanity!! :) Aren't they so cute?











Well, speaking of nap time, it is time for another trial run of the "Powell" sleeping method!!! Cross those fingers everyone!!

Allyson and Sophia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you friend. I think staying home will be a ton of fun for you! Sophia too :-)

Anonymous said...

ps- that last comment was from erin z. just forgot to sign my name!

Amber Brown said...

I think you've made a great decision!! Sophia will only be little for a short time...you have a lifetime to work outside the home...so here's to being a SAHM!! Congratulations and Enjoy!!