Sunday, August 24, 2008

Run in such a way as to win....


1 Cor 9:24 - "Do you not know that those who run a race all run, but only one receive the prize? Run in such a way that you may win."
During this pregnancy, I have become so narrow-minded and focused on the here and now, the hardships, the struggles, the pains. However, I am SLOWLY coming to realize that I am not looking forward to the final prize of this "leg" of my race: the birth of our child!
Paul encourages us with this verse in our spiritual life and I feel as though this pregnancy is quite the spiritual journey for me. He charges us to run as though we will win! I am clearly not running this (small, yet important) pregnancy leg of my larger race in life with the focus to WIN! I am so easily allowing the present day and the worries of the world to entangle my thoughts and mindset. The danger of this entanglement is that it takes my focus off the prize which lies ahead.
I have just begun to look at each kick and flutter with a new outlook. I feel as though each of those small interactions with Peanut are significant in their own way. I feel Peanut is trying to tell me, "Mama, just hang in there, remember me always when you worry... I will be out to join your family when I am done baking in this roasty (very comfortable) oven. God is preparing me (and you) for my grand entrance into the world. Remember Mama, I am your grand prize for this leg of the race. Keep your eyes focused on that truth. Be patient Mama and wait for me b/c I am well worth the wait."
Isn't our child a genious already?? Peanut already is detecting his/her mother's faults and weakness'? Must be all the EPA/DHA that I am getting in my Omega 3 supplements!! :)
Well, those are the thoughts "running" through my head and heart...
Allyson and Peanut

No comments: