Monday, August 4, 2008

6 inch Subway sandwich with turkey on wheat with lots of veggies...

Here is our 19 week update...

I like how this week's email started out, you are almost halfway there!! Are you kidding me?? I have to wait another 20 weeks!! (I assume you all can tell this is trying my patience!! It just seems so long to have to wait to see your baby!! Granted, I know I want Peanut to bake the full time, but I am just so stinkin' excited to see him/her and welcome them into our family!)

- Peanut's sensory development is exploding
- His/Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
- They say he/she should be able to hear my voice now, guess I better not sing too loud in the car these days (right sister sarah?) Peanut might realize my horrible voice and start kicking me!
- Peanut weighs 11 oz (more than the 8.5 the email suggested)
- Peanut is as big as a "toasted" 6 inch Subway sandwich -- in which he/she might have wheat bread, turkey, cheese, spinach, carrots, pickles, banana peppers, onions, cucumbers, green pepper, oregano, and black pepper. I mean, he/she is baking in the oven now, so "toasting" is more appropriate I guess. (Now this is the best analogy yet -- something yummy to eat!! However, I seem to be craving that exact sub at this exact moment!)
- Peanut's kidneys continue to make urine
- Peanut's hair on his/her scalp is sprouting
- Peanut's "vernix caseosa" is forming on his/her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. We would hate for Peanut to come out as a "pickle" huh? Might be a bit alarming!
- Peanut is "bulking up" and packing on the grossly named "brown fat" she'll need to keep warm when she gets evicted from her comfortable uterine home! Has anyone ever heard of "brown fat"???? Hum, why didn't we learn about this in school? Is there such thing as "white fat?"

PS> On a side note, I am feeling MUCH better these days and haven't had a bad night in over 1 full week! YIPEE!! Finally at about 19 weeks, I kick the "morning/PM sickness." My motto -- it is never too late to be done with nausea!!

Allyson and Peanut - yep ONE!! No more (s)'s needed!! 1 mystery solved, 1 to go!!

No comments: