Sunday, October 12, 2008

HICCUPotamus...

Exciting news on the Long baby update homefront.... Peanut has had her first and second case of the hiccups!!! It might not "technically" be her first case, but it is the first case that this mama has felt. About a month ago, I was talking to Michelle White (who is also pregnant, due at the same time) and she was telling me that her little baby girl gets the hiccups all the time! I wondered how Michelle could feel that? It seems like such a small thing to feel? Michelle told me what it felt like and I knew that I had never experienced it before. However, this past Friday while I was at a CE conference in Nashville, IN... Peanut started hiccuping 30 minutes after I ate lunch. I thought, "Ah... she is very active"... but then the small little "taps" continued at a constant beat for 20 minutes... Then again today while I was reading up on the "Bradley Childbirth Method" at Barnes and Noble, she started in again... I just smiled and laughed to myself!!! Laughing out loud while reading about childbirth is kind of an oxymoron isn't it???

All of this said, I have really come to enjoy her hiccups!!! I look forward to many more encounters with our little HICCUPotamus!!!

Allyson and Peanut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! I'm glad you're finding parts of this pregnancy truly enjoyable at times now! It will help you through the last 3 months!