Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Avon's Newest FREE Family Fun!

The Town of Avon has spent the past 4-5 years really improving their parks and recreation areas.  Plainfield always has been a step ahead of us!  With the opening of the new Splash Pad at the Washington Township Park, I think we are back in the game!  

It opened this past Memorial weekend, so we met some friends over there for some splashing around!!  Sophia wasn't so sure about it at first, but within 10 minutes, she was all over the place!  The water was freezing but I enjoyed myself too!!  

I have a feeling we will be visiting this splash pad most weeks of the summer, especially if we are going to keep having this horrible 90+ degree days!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... Free Fun!! 

Sophia and her buddy Isaiah

Come on mom ... let's go!

"I watched an older girl do this so I think I will try!"

"See Isaiah, this is how you do it!"

"Yum, this water is so cold and good!" 

A big surprise when the water turned back on!  Never seen this child move so fast! HA!

What kind of free family fun do you and yours like to enjoy during the summer?

4 comments:

JohnsonFamily said...

SO I started reading you blog as I entered a contest. When I saw this post I thought "NO WAY!" My husband grew up in the Ben Davis area and his brother lives in Avon.

Adam, Jenn, and Isaiah said...

cute post! We had a blast, and we will definitely have to go more often! :)

Sabrina B Radke said...

New follower and fellow Indiana bloggin' mama!

Jesse said...

This looks like so much fun! Do you happen to know what the weekend hours are for the park? There aren't any listed on the Wash Twnshp Parks website, though they say they're open 7 days a week. Thanks for the heads up on the splash park!