Monday, May 30, 2011

Another weird one ....

Well, 26 weeks into this second pregnancy and *probably* 14 left!  I can't believe I only have 14 weeks left. (I learned to expect a full-term pregnancy after we had to pry Sophia out on her due date!) Although, ask me again when I am out in 90 degree weather and I might not share the same sentiments! The tone of my voice may change!! :) Ha!

I have kept my vow to the Lord ... I have been slow to grumble and quick to listen/feel during this pregnancy (compared to the one with Sophia).  Although some of the nausea is still hanging on, I continue to find joy in this precious life growing in me!  I have learned not to take a single kick, roll, or punch for granted!

I have been grateful for some extra spiritual encouragement during this pregnancy.  I am currently reading the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  This book has really changed my outlook on life and has really made me a much more grateful person.  It really teaches you to be grateful for all the little gifts from above, no matter how small they may seem at the time.  I have begun to truly embrace everyday blessings!  Thanks Ann for encouraging me during this pregnancy and beyond!!

Although I am kicking myself in the rear for not keeping a pregnancy journal during my first one.  Something happens and I think back, did this happen before?  When did it happen?  How long did it last?  For those reading that are not yet a mother, keep a journal during your first pregnancy!! :)

Both pregnancies to date have been pretty similar with a few exceptions.  (1) I was completely done with N/V at 20 weeks with Sophia, this little babe has decided 20 weeks is for the birds ... hope I don't have this the rest of the pregnancy, especially for Nate's sake!  (2) THE CRAZY VIVID DREAMS are INSANE folks, just INSANE!  I remember having weird dreams with Sophia, but gees, I have crazy dreams EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and remember them to a "T" when I wake up.  Nate probably thinks I am crazy when I tell him my previous night's dream!  Some I must keep to myself b/c they are just too weird!! Ha!

Since we have decided to wait to find out the gender until delivery, it has been hard to nail down names.  We have a couple that we (well, maybe I really like), but nothing is for sure yet.  I have a feeling we will probably have 2 girl and 2 boy names heading to the hospital!

I am so excited to meet this little sweet baby and anxious to find out if it is a HE or SHE!!  I am really enjoying my peaceful evenings with my incredible husband, packing them full of games, talk, and laughter b/c I know life will get crazy and our fun times will be few and far between for a few months at least!  I am also soaking up every minute with my sweet, sweet Sophia!  Despite the fact pregnancy wears your patience thin, she always brings such a smile to my face and warmth to my heart as we spend each and every day together! Oh how I love where the Lord has our family right now ... I am so grateful to stay home with her for the majority of the time and only work a few times/month (for my own mental sanity!)  When I made the very hard (last-minute) decision back in March of 2009 to stay home and only work PRN, I never in a MILLION years would have expected to enjoy my life so much!  Thanks sweet Nate for allowing Sophia and I to stay home together while you provide for our family!!  A gift that can never be repaid!!

No comments: