Monday, June 27, 2011

A Mother's Thankful Heart


Awhile back, I shared with you some excerpts of the book I have been reading!  Yes, it has taken me forever ... I read a few pages here and a few there b/c I am in so many other books right now too!  The book is called "The Power of a Positive Mom."   The book has some really awesome insights!  I have been really trying to focus on being more thankful in my life (including motherhood, wife-hood (is that a word?)).  This prayer piggy-backs the book I have been also reading!!  1000 Gifts is one of THE BEST BOOKS I have ever read!  You must check it out too!

A Mother's Thankful Heart

I come before You Father
To thank You for this life
The blessings You have given me
As a mother and a wife

I'm thankful for my children
As I watch them grow and play
Knowing that each moment
Will live for just today

I'm thankful for the laundry
For the dust to wipe away
I'm thankful for the problems
That make me stop and pray

I'm thankful for my husband's job
The roof above our heads
I'm thankful for our daily food
For the comforts of our beds

I'm thankful for the errands
The phone that always rings
I'm thankful for the tears we cry
For the joy that laughter brings

I'm thankful for our family's love
The way we sit and talk
The simple games we often play
The picnics and the walks

I'm thankful for the little things
That make up every day
For therein lies Your love, Lord
And the wonder of Your ways

I'm thankful for the memories
That life has brought my way
I count it as Your blessing
To be a mother every day!

5 comments:

Adam, Jenn, and Isaiah said...

love it! I would like to borrow those books when you're done if I can.

Steffany said...

Thanks for posting. I requested both books at the library. I'm number 28 in line for Positive Mom. Hope they all read fast! haha (I'm next in line for 1000 gifts, though)!

Mom Daughter Style said...

such a beautiful poem.

I just came across your blog and I’m your new follower. If you have time, I hope you enter my latest giveaway.

http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/2011/06/cover-your-assets-hip-t-review-coupon.html

Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

I know!
Some times I get caught up in the "to do" list, and a friend told me about how she'd pray during those tasks...like praying for her daughter's purity as she folded her underwear! Changes my perspective.

Shauna said...

Love this post! New reader here, hope you will come visit and follow me also :) Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/