Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Being GREEN is a state of mind ....

I have been trying to find ways that my readers over at Go Long! Go Green! can easily become more "green."  This might be slightly controversial and I know it isn't for everyone!!   So, I have a way that many of you might not have thought about before .....




....  GETTING PREGNANT!


Yes, I know ... it isn't for everyone but it SURE makes this mama feel "green" for a solid 20 weeks!!   Now that I am well into week 13, the "greenness" (if that is even a word) isn't any better and might be slightly worse!  I hope you all can understand and are forgiving for my lack of attentiveness to my blog!  Blogging during nap time is a thing of the past for me right now .... It has honestly turned into 3 hours of couch time feeling "green!"

If this pregnancy is anything like Sophia's, I will feel like a million bucks come week 20 ... so it might be a little slow around here, but PLEASE don't leave me!  Please hang around b/c I have some good products, reviews, and giveaways in the future planned, including a fantastic pocket diaper or TWO!

Here are a few pictures of Sophia sharing the news .... (I apologize for the horrible pictures.  Her nose was running and her eyes are watering b/c it was only about 46 outside and of course yesterday was a day she insisted upon NOT getting her picture taken.  I had to pretend I wasn't taking them ...)

Hummm .... wonder what my shirt says??

Can you see it?  BIG SISTER!!

The best smile a mom could get at 6pm!

Of course when daddy gets home, he can get a smile!

Well, the news is officially out on the blog ... time to make it FB official! :)  Ahhhh ... the world of modern technology!  Some people say it isn't real till it is facebook official!  HA!

Hanging in there, but VERY GREEN these days!!


7 comments:

Michelle Ward said...

Congrats!!! There are lozenges called b-natal that really helped me with nausea in pregnancy # 2. They are one of the b vitamins and it helped take the edge off. Being a pharmacist you have probably heard of them but just in case!

Love You Always & Forever said...

Congrats!!! How exciting! What is your due date?! I miss being pregnant! LOL! And Sophia is going to be a great big sister!!! She is too cute!! I agree, B Vitamin is what helped me with morning sickness!!

Arrows Sent Forth said...

Congrats Allyson! How exciting!

Alicia said...

CONGRATS!!! Very excited for you! Hope you start feeling less "green" very soon, haha. :)

Lori S said...

Congratulations!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. I have heard from some of my pregnant patients that the Sea Bands can help and they are drug free. I don't know if you have tried them but just thought I would mention it.

Whitney and Jake said...

Congrats, Allyson! How exciting! Hope the nausea kicks the can much sooner than 20 weeks!

Heidi said...

CONGRATS! So happy for you