With winter fast approaching, have you started thinking about how you are going to keep your little one’s ears warm? Might I suggest you head over to a wonderful Etsy site called Accessorize Kait!
Janel has many adorable pieces for your child, regardless of sex! She makes adorable crocheted beanies and headbands, Sweet Mary Janes, Hair Bows, Clippies, Bracelets, and Necklaces. You maybe thinking, that sounds great and all, but I have a little boy …. no worries, she has you covered …. Check out her Bear-y Cute Beanie or the Off White Beanie with Navy Stripe.
Can't you just see your son wearing this?
Perfect for the church Christmas Service or a Christmas Party!
She graciously sent me one of her Delightfully Simple Beanies to review. I was so excited to receive my first giveaway “fluff” in the mail! The timing was perfect as I received it after a LONG Saturday at work! I opened it up and my first thought was WOW …. this is excellent quality!
I have received a few crocheted beanies for Sophia as gifts, none of which even compare to the workmanship of this beanie! However, Sophia immediately saw it and said, “Hat, Hat, Phia’s Hat.” She proceeded to wear it around the house for the next hour! She would stop, look at Nate and myself and just “CHEESE!” Nate said, “Sophia, you look beautiful in your new hat!” To which she would look at me and say, “New hat mommy, new hat!” Now mind you, it was over 80 degrees outside!! Ah …. the little things in life that make us smile!
|A smile ... wearing her new hat!|
|"And this is how I put on my hat!"|
Once Sophia went to bed, I was able to get a closer look! As I mentioned above, it is very well made. It is a tight crochet, minimizing the amount of cold air that could get in and nip those precious ears! Although, it is still very “breathable!” For a family that spends a lot of time outdoors, this is very important to us! The beanie looks like it should hold up really nicely, even through a few kids!! The brown will work well even if our next kiddo is a boy!! The pink leopard bow she handmade and attached is of excellent craftsmanship as well. The ribbon is of good sturdy material while the alligator clip has a special “no slip” strip when it is in the hair as a stand-alone bow!
Overall, I am extremely impressed with this beanie! I am looking forward to those cool fall days that I can put it on Sophia’s precious head and wait for the flood of compliments to come in!! Make sure to head over and visit Accessorize Kait to see what unique treasures you will find!!
You can purchase any item over at Accessorize Kait’s Etsy shop. She also does customer orders! So head over and order away!
The giveaway, what you all have been waiting for!! Janel has most graciously agreed to giveaway a beanie and bow (if applicable) of your choice, size, and color to one lucky Go Long! Go Green! reader!
*** Make sure to leave your email address in each comment/entry if it is NOT visible through your blog and MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EVERY ENTRY!***
1. Publicly follow my blog through Google Friend Connect (left bar of the blog) and comment that you are a follower! If you are already a follower, just say, “I’m a follower!” (1 entry)
2. Head over to Accessorize Kait’s Etsy site and tell me what product you would like to have! (1 entry)
1. Follow @SGsMama on Twitter and comment. (2 entries) Leave two separate comments.
2. Re-tweet daily for an additional entry, but you need to include @SGsMama, #giveaway, and the URL in the tweet. Leave separate comments with the permalink each time. (1 entry daily)
3. “Like” Accessorize Kait on FB, leaving her a comment that says, “Go Long! Go Green! sent me!” (2 entries)
4. Subscribe to Go Long! Go Green! emails and comment after you confirm your subscription. (Subscription form located in right sidebar). (2 entries)
5. Add the Go Long! Go Green! button to your blog or website and comment with the URL where it can be found in TWO separate comments (HTML code found in top right sidebar). (2 entries)
6. Comment on a normal blog post or current giveaway and leave a comment below on which one. Limit 3 extra entries. (up to 3 entries)
7. Like Go Long! Go Green! on Facebook (3 entries). Make sure to leave three separate comments.
8. Blog about the giveaway and comment with the URL (3 entries). Make sure to leave three separate comments.
9. Make a purchase from Accesorize Kait’s store and leave a comment on which product(s) you purchased. (10 extra entries)
This giveaway is open to the U.S. and will end on October 25, 2010 at midnight. The winner will be drawn via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. Please, no PO Boxes.
Disclaimer: I received this product to review free of charge. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not monetarily compensated for this review.