Saturday, August 28, 2010

Crafty FRIDAY!!!


I have had a "craft" bug for some time now. This week I have found myself on Etsy searching for cute little headbands for my girl. Some are really reasonably priced, while others are just way too much to spend for a 20 month old! After looking through tons of pictures I had the revelation, "I could actually make some of these. They can't be THAT hard!" Yesterday I found myself at Jo-Ann's searching for decorative elastic (which the choices are HORRIBLE) and flowers. I finally found what I was looking for ... here is the finished product (only a few finger sticks and droplets of blood later)! What do you think? I need a picture with Sophia wearing it too!!



My friend Libby inspired me to make a bow/clip holder for Sophia's bows. I looked at them on Etsy and they were close to $20-30 each! Once again, I searched for the perfect materials and this is how it turned out ....

I was very pleased! Personally, I think it looks adorable and will match her bedroom perfectly! The white "S" will look great with her pink walls!

I need some more craft ideas!!! No better way to spend a Friday night than with a hot glue gun, needles, ribbon, and thread!!

Allyson

3 comments:

Erin P said...

way to go!!! one of these friday nights I need to sneak away and we can craft together :)

Whitney said...

That is super cool! Once we name our little one I need to make one of these too!

Adam, Jenn, and Isaiah said...

They look great! Can't wait to see Sophia in her new headband! The bow holder is really cute!! :)