Sunday, December 11, 2011

Run, run as fast as you can ...

... you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!

Well, ok, maybe the pilsbury dough boy but this post still includes gingerbread men!!

Love my sweet boy!!

People say they see Sophia in him ... do u agree?

Last Tuesday evening, my in-laws came over along with my sister-in-law Rhoda, and we decorated gingerbread men cookies!!  Sophia has really been interested in the story of the gingerbread man this year.  She loves to recite the little jingle too!! :) 
Very excited to get started ...

After this picture, this gingerbread man lost his head ... ahhh!!

I think the girl ate more mini m&m's than made it on her cookies.  She has never had more than 5 m&m's at once, so with a full dish in front of her, she just couldn't stop!!

She also tasted a red hot for the first time ... she said, mommy, I NEED water, too spicey, then proceeded to keep eating them!


The sugar is kicking in ... craziness I tell ya, craziness!! Plus icing on the nose!

All of Sophia's decorated men and women .. some for the family, some for the neighbors!!
Sophia just had a blast this whole evening!  She and Aunt Rhoda were giggling all the time!! What a fun tradition that will continue along the Long Family side!  Plus, Grandma Long's gingerbread men are the BEST I have ever tasted!! Yum Yum!!  Did you notice in the picture above she even has a gingerbread apron that Grandma Long passed down from when Cousin Lexi decorated cookies all those years ago??

What fun holiday traditions do you have with your family?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I All,

Such sweet pictures of Jackson and Sophia.

Sophia, thank you so much for bringing me and Mr. Charles a gingerbread cookie. They were delicious and you did such a good job decorating them.

We enjoyed You and your mommy's visit and thanks again for thinking about us.

We want to tell all of you to have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

God bless you,

Charles & Darlene Campbell