Thursday, December 10, 2009

Guinness and Grapes

Nate and I had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary last evening! Nate's parents braved the freezing cold weather and came out to watch Sophia! It was so appreciated!!

We headed to Claddaugh Irish Pub for dinner! Nate really enjoyed their Shepherd's Pie, and I had a wonderful Dublin Grilled Chicken Salad!! Yum! Although I learned that a little goat cheese goes a LONG way!! I think next time I will stick with feta or blue cheese! Anyone else share those same feelings? I also tried their Guinness Onion Soup -- wow, that was amazing!! Worth every calorie!!

After dinner we headed down to Chateau Thomas Winery! What a wonderful atmosphere to continue our celebration! We were the only two people in the winery for the wine tasting, so we received "special" treatment! Our "wine" lady (don't know their fancy name) was quite knowledgeable and shared lots of interesting facts with us. She was very gracious in our tasting and made sure to suggest many wines that were big sellers. Nate and I fell in love with a handful of wines!! She also told us a little bit about the Winery itself. Dr. Thomas is a retired OBGYN and he had a love for wine! He travels all over the country and his wine has won many awards!! We had such a nice and relaxing time at Chateau Thomas. We hope to go back again to try different wines!

What a wonderful end to a wonderful evening!! It is always so nice to spend time together, alone without Sophia to rejuvenate our love!

I love you Nate!!

Allyson




No comments: