Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A twist on Christmas gifts for the teachers!



I felt lead to do something different for Sophia's teachers this year!  Last year I made some super cute crafts thanks to a Pinterest idea.  Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Pinterest, but I hoped for a more meaningful gift this year!  The day I felt led to do something different, my Christ's Hope International Christmas gift guide came in the mail!  I flipped through it and found out we could donate a school backpack "fully loaded" for a child in Africa!  I knew that would be the perfect gift!

I wanted to find a creative way to display it, maybe something they could even hang in their room and use for a teaching lesson about the less fortunate children in Africa, many of which are struggling with HIV themselves, or a family member has the disease!


I thought it turned out quite nicely!

Here is the letter "Sophia" wrote to her teachers!  She still has to write in her name below!



Have you ever done a non-traditional gift for a teacher before?  If so, what?  

No comments: