Sunday, August 5, 2012

Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes


I love trying out new gluten-free recipes!  It's always fun combining different flours to create a masterpiece full of nutrients and of taste!!  I also love trying out new recipes to use up the 10 lbs of Michigan blueberries we purchased at the farmer's market on the way home from MI!

I found THIS recipe over at one of my favorite gluten-free blogs, The Gluten-Free Goddess!  Of all the recipes I have made, she has YET to disappoint!  Her GF pancake recipe was no different.  Karina has perfected GF cooking and baking!!

I did however make a few substitutions to further increase the nutritional value! (Shocker huh?)

Love me some Michigan blueberries, Butler Bulldogs, and  REAL maple syrup!
Here is the recipe that I used:

1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup millet (ground into powder)
1/4 cup buckwheat (ground into powder)
1/4 cup almond flour/meal
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 heaping tbsp brewer's/nutritional yeast (ground into fine powder)

1 1/4 cup dairy-free milk (I used coconut milk)
1 cup water
2 eggs
4 tsp coconut oil (LOVE THIS STUFF!)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pure almond extract

I stirred in blueberries and of course topped them off with a few Trader Joes dark chocolate chips!

For the directions for preparation, click HERE


The recipe made about 14-15 pancakes!!

What do you think, gonna give it a try??


Other highlights from this weekend ... Jackson's very WEIRD and uncomfortable napping position!  I had to snap a picture! :)

How does he do this??

Sophia also decided she liked to eat her mac and cheese leftovers and turkey meat with chopsticks!  She was inspired by last night's dinner at Noodles and Company!  For a almost 4-year old American, she did really well with chopsticks!  She told me she wants to start using them for EVERY meal!  Ha!



Have a great start to the week .... 

No comments: