|Sitting up ... almost by himself ... still a little wobbly at times!|
Here is what we have tried ... and the verdict ...
- Avocado (yummy, LOVES it!)
- Sweet Potatoes (who doesn't love these?)
- Pears (YUM!)
- Bananas (He likes them ok, but likes the other fruit better!)
- Organic unsweetened applesauce (yum, yum!)
- Stonyfield Farms Organic Whole Milk PLAIN yogurt (seriously this boy LOVES this stuff! He could eat it at every meal if I offered it!)
- Organic green beans (major fail ... he won't even eat them when they are mixed with a cube of sweet potatoes!)
- Mango (YUM!! The more ripe the mango, the sweeter! If you puree it long enough, you can get an awesome, store quality consistency!)
- Summer Squash (only likes it when it is with 1 cube of sweet potatoes!)
- Steel Cut Oat/Millet/Raisin homemade cereal (grind equal parts oats/millet, add powder to appropriate amount of boiling water, in the mean time, soak 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup organic raisins in very hot water, then puree, mix together!) YUM!!
- Peas (steamed like normal, then pushed through a mesh strainer to leave the "skins" behind! He enjoyed them with a splash of breast milk and a bit of applesauce!)
- Prunes (These are a HUGE hit!) - I never knew you could make these until I found a great recipe. I read that plums were one of the least sprayed fruits, so it wasn't as big of a deal to purchase organic. I found some Sunset D'Noir (preservative free) dried prunes/plums, steamed them, then pureed them. I had to add a LOT of water (probably at least a whole cup to improve the consistency. It was very sticky! They are sooooo good!! I even enjoy them!!
- Peaches (steamed organic frozen peaches, took out excessive water, pureed!)
- Next on the list ... zucchini and butternut squash!
|Figured out the "dropsy" game rather quickly!|
|My daddy is HILARIOUS!|
|Love my pop-n-pal Elmo version!|
Thanks also for your prayers! I know many of you have prayed for direction and wisdom with his sleeping issues! I covet those prayers!!!